Getting the perfect diamond engagement ring for the one you love can be one of the most important and exciting purchases you will ever make.
For some this process can be overwhelming, since there are any number of diamonds, all you want is to impress your favorite person.
On the other hand, there is the uncertainty of how to choose a real diamond and not be fooled. But do not worry, in this article we will reveal in detail some tips from the experts, which will help you find the ideal diamond engagement ring for your fiancée and also for your pocket.
Here are 6 tips to help you choose the ideal diamond engagement ring:
1. Know the parts of the ring
To buy the perfect engagement ring you must be intimately familiar with each of its parts.
It is important that you take the time to evaluate the anatomy of the ring so that you can speak the same language as the experts in the industry.
In essence, the diamond engagement ring has 3 parts:
- Central stone: it is the jewel that is the most valuable part. It is the focal point of the ring and is traditionally a diamond. However, it can also be some other type of gem or a birthstone.
- Configuration: technically, a ring is made up of two parts: the body and the head or gallery, which is the metal that sets the diamond in place. The setting is important, because it provides more security for the diamond. You can choose between several styles such as Channel, bezel, Pavé and micro pavé, invisible, among others. In addition, you can have unique designs, such as a collection of smaller diamonds, side stones, or as simple as 4 prongs that hold a diamond.
- Band: it is the circular part that surrounds the finger and it is determined by its size. Generally, the metals used are gold, white gold, rose gold, and platinum.
2. Understand the basic principles of diamond
Having a solid compression on each area of the diamond will help you make the right decision. These are some of the main areas of the diamond: cut, color, clarity.
Once you have chosen between these areas, choose the largest carat that fits your budget. Here we give you a general recommendation for each of these areas.
- Cut: choosing the perfect cut will guarantee the diamond shine effect. This characteristic is the most important to choose, because it gives the stone beauty. A diamond with perfect color and clarity, but poorly cut can make it appear dull.
- Color: Go for a colorless diamond. For the best value, choose a colorless or near colorless DJ grade diamond. If you go for a diamond in GI’s near colorless range, it is cheaper. There are also pink diamonds available online.
- Clarity: Diamonds free from internal flaws or inclusions are very rare and highly valued. The best value on the clarity of the diamond is that it has no visible inclusions.
- Carat: Since larger diamonds are rarer than smaller ones, the value of the diamond increases exponentially with carat weight.
However, because beauty and brilliance are paramount, choosing your diamond cut, color, and clarity well can balance it with size.
3. Select the correct diamond
You will definitely want to consider the entire look of the ring, such as the little details that adorn the setting and shape of the hoop.
However, choosing the right diamond is the secret to beautifying the rest of the ring.
In addition to popular cuts like pear, oval, and cushion, you’ll find a variety of other classic cuts like round, marquise, emerald, and asscher.
4. Balance modern trends with classic style
When buying the diamond engagement ring, be sure to choose between delicate, elegant and modern, but at the same time classic and timeless.
Most likely, your fiancée wants a diamond engagement ring that looks good now, but also attractive over time.
Leonards Jewellers notes “As we all know, trends come and go.” When it comes to the center stone, we suggest selecting a cut that the customer will love for years to come. “
Currently, the booming trend is the pear, oval and cushion cut. According to the experience of the experts, the trend of the shapes of the cuts is directly aligned with the tastes of the celebrities.
If you choose a classic center cut diamond, it is recommended that you select a modern setting and vice versa.
The secret is to avoid being too fashionable, as these trends are constantly changing.
5. Select a budget
Once you are well-versed in the anatomy of a diamond ring and know what you are paying for, you can be ready to set a budget.
Setting your budget range is important as it provides you with a selection of rings that fits your pocket and also simplifies the buying process.
It should be noted that it is possible to purchase a beautiful diamond engagement ring on a small budget. You can view a list of diamond engagement ring here.
6. Find a jewelry store
It’s an exciting idea to go shopping for a diamond engagement ring, but keep in mind that you need to make sure you go to the right stores and to true professionals.
Consider aspects such as the reputation of the store, its catalog, special offers and services. For example, jewelry stores like Leonards Jewellers will offer you various guarantees, discounts for existing customers, etc.
Have fun and enjoy the process of buying the engagement ring
Buying a diamond engagement ring is an exciting and meaningful unique experience. It is likely that before you could be intimidated by some factors such as terminology and variations from one ring to another.
But you do not need to worry about that anymore. With all these details and tips that we offer you, don’t forget to enjoy the moment.
Choose the one you think best that your fiancée will love and make that proposal a sweet and unforgettable moment for both of you.
You may also like to read: Wedding Rings: Tips for choosing